Friday, June 22, 2012

Bead Love

I got a bee in my bonnet recently, and have decided that the blinds in the windows have to go.  Not all at once, and not necessarily now, but they need to be phased out.  It started with the dining room being painted; we took down the blinds before the sanding, and I'm determined not to put them back up (the windows are still bare, until after the painting is done).

Next came the bathroom.  We've got mermaids and shells in there, with a nice, soft, mossy-ish green, and I wanted to kind of keep with the water theme.

This is what I found.



It's hard to see in the photo how the sunlight is being captured by the beads, but it really add a nice light to the bathroom.  I really like the "sheet of rain" pattern.







Yeah, bead curtains are hokey.  Maybe even a little bit tacky.  But they make a really cool sound when you move them.  And these ones in particular make me smile every time I go pee.

I found them here, by the way, and they were pretty reasonably priced.  They came door-length, so I trimmed them to fit the window.  The pattern accommodated perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment